We created an authentic way to introduce products, services, and opportunities to college students by tapping into the passion and excitement of fraternity and sorority step shows. Over a million African Americans belong to nine fraternal organizations with active chapters on nearly all college campuses and with alumni chapters throughout the world. A very popular ritual among these organizations is “stepping”, a competitive performance involving synchronized, percussive movement, singing, speaking, chanting, dancing, and drama. Recognizing this, we developed The Stomping On The Yard National Championship: Super Stomp, a live step show in which 160 sororities and fraternities competed for cash prizes and scholarships.
We positioned stepping as both a sport and a cultural celebration by televising Super Stomp on both ESPN2 and CBS Sports. Upon the premiere, we licensed the platform trademark and intellectual property to Sony Pictures for the blockbuster film “Stomp the Yard”.
From team uniforms to the National Championship competition, the Stomp the Yard film crew visited and embedded itself in the Stomping On The Yard tour in order to authentically portray the culture on the big screen.
- Designed, promoted, and executed (30) campus festivals with 100 x 100 interactive footprints complete with food, contests, live music, DJs and games and (30) 3-5 hour step hows with celebrity hosts and special musical guest appearances.
- Created and implemented scholarship contest along each stop of the tour.
“I've seen step shows since 1974 and never seen it done like this before. This is the best stepping I have ever seen!”
- Steve Harvey
Comedian, Author, TV/Radio Personality
“Stomp the yard stomps box office.”
- 30,000 sample packs distributed
- 250,000+ attendance per year
- $2,115,000 in scholarship awards distributed
- $1,000,000 raised for universities and student organization partners